What is a Fire Safety Representative (FSR)?
- The Philadelphia Fire Department is always looking for volunteers to be a FSR for their block. A FSR is similar to a Block Captain or Town Watch representative.
- The focus of this program is for the FSR to provide a vital link between the PFD and the neighborhood you live in.
- As a FSR you will receive emails from the PFD concerning any Fire Safety issues in the immediate area. You then expected to disseminate that information to your neighbors.
- The FSR is encouraged to email the Fire Department concerning any fire related questions or concerns you or your neighbors may have.
Who is eligible to become a FSR?
- A FSR must be at least 18 years of age and reside in the City of Philadelphia
- Must have access to an email account and check it at least twice a month.
- If you do not have a computer, don’t be discouraged, your local library provides free email access. You could also ask a family member or neighbor to get involved by receiving your emails and printing them out for you.