To be prepared for emergencies, have a first aid kit in your home and in your car.
Contents of First Aid Kits vary depending on the knowledge and experience of those putting it together, where the first aid kit will be used (hiking, beach, etc.), and the variations in legislation or regulation.
Basic First Aid Kit
- First aid manual
- Sterile adhesive bandages in assorted sizes
- Assorted sizes of safety pins
- Cleansing agents (isopropyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide)/soap/germicide
- Antibiotic ointment
- Latex gloves (2 pairs)
- 2-inch and 4-inch sterile gauze pads (4-6 each size)
- Triangular bandages (3)
- 2-inch and 3-inch sterile roller bandages (3 rolls each)
- Cotton balls
- Moistened towelettes
- Tongue depressor blades (2)
- Tube of petroleum jelly or other lubricant